1. THE SCRIPTURES
2. THE TRUE GOD
5. THE CHURCH
7. FUTURE EVENTS
- We believe the Bible is the inspired word of God and the product of Spirit-controlled men; therefore it is without error in the original writings.
- We believe that this divine inspiring extends equally to each word and to all parts of the sixty-six books of the Bible.
- We believe that all the Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments, center on Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all Scripture is to be interpreted in the natural, historical, grammatical, literal manner.
- We believe that all Scripture was designed for our practical instruction and that it is the believer’s sole authority.
- John 14:26, 16:13, 17:17; 1 Cor. 2:13; 2 Tim. 3:15-17; Heb. 1:1-2; 2 Pet. 1:20-21, 3:15-16.
2. THE TRUE GOD
- We believe there is only one living and true God existing as three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the members of the Godhead have the same nature and attributes and are worthy of the same worship and honor.
- We believe that the Father is the source of all things and the one who sent the Son as His gift into the world.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, eternal and equal with the Father, born of the Virgin Mary, and that He is both true God and true man.
- We believe that Jesus Christ died for our sin on our behalf.
- We believe that Jesus Christ rose physically from the dead and ascended to the right hand of the Father, where He is now ministering on our behalf.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will receive us unto Himself at His coming and will return a second time to establish His earthly kingdom.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is a divine person who is co-equal with the Father and Son and that He was active in creation, convicts the world of sin, reveals Christ and unites all believers as one body along with such work as sealing, indwelling, empowering, teaching, guiding, sanctifying, and gifting.
- We believe that revelatory and sign gifts of the Holy Spirit were given to the early church for the primary purpose of authenticating its ministry.
- We believe that God created the heavens and the earth including all life, each after its own species, by direct act and not by the process of evolution.
- Gen. 1:1-31; Ex. 20:11; Ps. 139:7-12; Deut. 6:4; Matt. 1:18-25; 6:15-16; 28:19; Luke 24:49; John 1:1, 3, 14-18; 4:24; 8:58; 14:26; 16:7-14; Acts 5:3,4; Rom. 8:9-16, 26-27; 1 Cor. 6:19, 12:13; 2 Cor. 6:14; 12:12; 13:14; Eph. 1:13-14, 22-24; Philippians 2:5-8; Col. 1:16-17; 2:9; Heb. 1:1-2; 7:25; 9:14; 1 Pet. 2:24, 3:18.
- We believe that man is the product of the direct creative act of God, made in the image of God.
- We believe in the sanctity of human life that begins at the point of conception.
- We believe that all sexual relationships must pattern themselves after a faithful heterosexual relationship within marriage.
- We believe that through voluntary disobedience to God man fell from his original position of innocence and sinlessness, and as a consequence became separated from God in fellowship and became subject to the power of Satan.
- We believe that sin has been transmitted to the entire human race so that every child of Adam is born into the world with a fallen nature devoid of spiritual life and is powerless to recover from this condition.
- Gen. 1:26-27, 2:7, 3:1-6; Rom. 1:18-32, 3:1-24, 5:10-19.
- We believe that salvation is entirely of God, by grace, through personal faith in the death and resurrection of Christ, wholly apart from any human merit, works, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that believers were chosen sovereignly by God before the foundation of the world for salvation and are enabled by the Holy Spirit to believe in Christ and the good news of forgiveness and salvation.
- We believe that the new nature and eternal life are communicated to believers by a supernatural work of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that believers have a right standing before God in that their sins were put on Christ and His righteousness was accredited to them.
- We believe that all believers were set apart for God at the point of salvation and the believer is increasingly brought into conformity to the holiness of God, a process brought to completion only at the return of Christ.
- We believe that all who are truly born again will be kept by Christ and will persevere in faith unto the day of complete redemption.
- John 3:3-7; 10:27-29; Acts 16:31; Rom. 5:1; 8:33-39; 1 Cor. 1:2; 2 Cor. 5:17; Eph. 1:4-11; 2:1-8; Phil. 1:6; 2 Thess. 2:13; Tit. 3:5-6; 1 Pet. 1:23; 2 Pet. 1:4.
5. THE CHURCH
- We believe that the Church is the Body and Bride of our Lord and began fifty days after the crucifixion of Christ.
- We believe the local church is a congregation of immersed believers and its purpose is to glorify God by building itself up in the faith, by instruction of the Word, by fellowship, by keeping the ordinances and by advancing and communicating the gospel to the entire world.
- We believe that the ordinances of the church are baptism by immersion as the identifying symbol of one’s belief in Christ’s death and resurrection, and communion which is a commemoration of Christ’s death until He comes.
- We believe that the local church has the absolute right of self-government free from the interference of any hierarchy of individuals or organizations; and that the one and only superintendent is Christ, through the Holy Spirit.
- We believe the church has the responsibility to be a voice for justice and truth in the world.
- We believe in separation from all sinful practices and all spiritual apostasy.
- Matt. 6:15-16; 16:18; 18:15-17; 28:19; Luke 22:19; Acts 1:8; 2:1-6, 38-42, 47; 11:15; 1 Cor. 11:23-28; 2 Cor. 5:20; 6:14; Eph. 1:22-24; 4:11-16, 5:23-33; Col. 1:18; 1 Tim. 3:15; 2 Tim. 2:2, 15, 3:16-17; 1 John 1:3; 2:15-16; 4:1-3.
- We believe that God created an innumerable host of personal spirit beings, commonly known as angels, to glorify and serve Him. The ministries of angels include rendering assistance to believers as God directs.
- We believe Satan was created holy but rebelled against the Creator, involving numerous angels in his fall, and introducing sin to the human race by the temptation of our first parents.
- We believe Satan was defeated in the death of Christ and will be tormented forever.
- We believe Satan’s control over Christians is limited to external influences that may be resisted by the believer.
- Acts 2:1-6; Acts 11:15; Acts 2:41-42; Ephesians 5:25-33; Ephesians 3:31; Ephesians 4:13-16; 2 Timothy 2:2, 15; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Acts 2:47; 1 John 1:3; Luke 22:19; Acts 2:38-42; Matthew 28:19; Acts 1:8; 2 Corinthians 6:14; Matthew 6:15-16; Ephesians 1:22-24; Ephesians 4:11-12; Ephesians 5:23; 1 Timothy 3:15; Colossians 1:18; 1 Corinthians 11:23-28; 1 John 2:15-16; 1 John 4:1-3; 2 Corinthians 5:20; Matthew 18:15-17; Matthew 16:18.
- Gen. 3:1-5; Psalm 34:7; 91:11; Eze. 28:1-19; Matt. 4:1-11; Heb. 1:6, 14; Rev. 5:11; 20:10.
7. FUTURE EVENTS
- We believe in the any-moment-coming of Jesus Christ for His church at which time all church saints will be raised, glorified and rewarded.
- We believe that Christ will return at the second coming to set up His millennial kingdom, to overthrow Satan, and to re-gather Israel to their promised land.
- We believe in the physical resurrection of all the dead; the saved to life eternal, the unsaved to eternal judgment and separation from God in the lake of fire.
- We believe the eternal state will begin following the judgment for the lost with believers of all time enjoying God forever.
- John 5:22; 14:1-3; Rom. 14:10-12; 1 Cor. 15:22-28; 1 Thess. 4:13-18; Revelation 1:5-7; 19:11-16; 20:1-6; 21-22